I cannot download the 1password app on my 1st generation ipad.

Options
Alecwisch
Alecwisch
Community Member

I could not sync with dropbox so I deleted the 1password app and tried to redownload it. It said it was not compatible with the ipad. Where can I find a compatible version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot download the 1password app on my 1st generation ipad.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Alecwisch,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Dropbox sync for 1Password will not work on a 1st generation iPad. The Dropbox APIs were updated and that update was included in 1Password 6.7, which requires iOS 9.3 or later. The original iPad seems to be limited to iOS 5.

System requirements for 1Password

Thanks.

Ben

• Alecwisch
    Alecwisch
    Community Member
    Options

Will syncing through iCloud work? I could change all my devices to sync on iCloud if it will work with the old iPad 1.

• Ben
    Options

It will not. Syncing 1Password via iCloud requires iOS 8 or later and iCloud Drive. We do not have a solution for the first generation iPad. Sorry. :(

Ben

• Alecwisch
    Alecwisch
    Community Member
    Options

OK. We revert to emailing passwords when needed, which thankfully is rare with the old ipad 1. Thank you for your prompt reply.

• Ben
    Options

@Alecwisch

I’d encourage you to consider using iMessage instead of email, as it is at least encrypted, whereas email would not be (unless you are using PGP or SMIME).

Ben

• Alecwisch
    Alecwisch
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that info. Will do.

• Ben
    Options

No problem. :+1: If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.