Can log in to Web and phone but NOT Windows App or Firefox Extension

Options
kdaniele
kdaniele
Community Member

We recovered my daughter's account, reset the password, and were able to log in on her iPhone and through the web browser, but not through the actual Windows app. We have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, shut down, reinstalled and still nothing.

Please help!

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kdaniele
    kdaniele
    Community Member
    Options

Frustrating to say the least! Uninstall does not delete config files nor is there an option to do so so that you can get a fresh install. I had to dig into the bowels of Win 10 to find all 1password related files so that when I installed it again, I would be prompted for code/secret key all over again.

A. Flat. Out. Headache! Please add "remove program preferences" as an option in the uninstall process or put instructions somewhere on how to uninstall fully so others don't have to waste 4 hours trying to figure this out.

• Hey @kdaniele! I'm glad to hear you got things sorted out. Indeed, uninstalling the app does not remove your data from it. We did this on purpose, since we don't want people losing their data by mistake. You can find steps to start over with the app and remove its data on the 1Password support website, however:

How to reset your 1Password data and start over

We're here if you have some other questions :)

This discussion has been closed.