1Password for iOS will not unlock; have to swipe up to kill app

Options
mofochickamo
mofochickamo
Community Member

For about the last 1 or 2 months, 1Password for iOS has been extraordinarily flaky. I've used it for about 5 years without issue but recently it's become a PITA.

1. The biggest problem is that it sometimes will not unlock. I try to use touch ID to unlock, and the unlock animation begins but never completes. I just wait there and eventually my iphone auto locks (after a minute or so) and then I try again and it doesn't work. The only thing that fixes it in this state is to double tap home button, swipe up, terminate the app and try again.
  2. The second problem I have is that when the vault does open, I often search for an item and it will not show up. This happens all the time. I've doubled check that I have the correct vault selected (All Vaults) and that I'm searching Logins and that my search keywords are correct. The search is just busted. If I manually scan for them item I can always find it. If I kill the app and try again, the search will often work.
  3. It's really slow. Even when it does work it takes a long time. I have 5 vaults all sync'd with my 1Password Family Account. I have a total of 948 items. My largest vault has 793 items.

Please let me know what I can do to fix these problems. I've been a happy 1Password customer for 6 years but if these problems don't get resolved quickly I'm going to have to find another password manager that works reliably.

Thanks,
Doug

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password Family Account
Referrer: forum-search:ios unlocks slow

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mofochickamo

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please verify for me that all of your data is accessible via the 1Password.com web interface? If it is I’d suggest uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password. Please be sure you have an up-to-date Emergency Kit handy when doing so.

Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.