When I use the "identity" feature to autofill a website, my email address NEVER autofills.

Options

I am using a Macbook Air circa 2010 and am running up to date 1Password. I can see my email addy if I go to edit my identity. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:email address identity

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

@Kayaker2: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! To be clear, Identity items do support filling using the built-in "email" field under "Internet Details" (which will be filled into fields labeled something like "email address"), but no custom fields you create can be filled. Can you give me an example URL where you're having trouble so we can test it. We'll see if there's something we can do to improve it here. Thanks in advance! :)

• Kayaker2
    Kayaker2
    Community Member
    Options

The problem happens when ordering from any website where I do not have to log into an account. In other words if the website needs my snail mail address, phone number and email addy, all works fine except my email addy remains blank with ALL websites. Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kayaker2,

Can I ask a favour please. Can you visit https://1password.com/extlink/purchase-license/ and Check Out Now button. Once you reach the checkout page can you try filling with your Identity item. Does it fill the email field near the top of the page? If it doesn't then it's something odd with this particular Identity item as all my testing has always seen us fill the email field on this page. If it does fill then it seems we need to learn about some of the sites where you've experienced this poor filling for us to better learn where 1Password isn't working well. Part of me hopes it doesn't fill as if it doesn't then my hope is creating a new Identity item will see better filling on all the sites you've been experiencing this, otherwise we will need to investigate each in turn and get improvements into a future version of 1Password. Let's see what the test tells us :smile:

This discussion has been closed.