how to send a Vault in a "cleansed" form so that AgileBits can reproduce a bug report

jaime_g
jaime_g
Community Member

this would be a useful Support Feature.... (for all platforms, not just IOS)

one-way hash a Vault's data in such a way that data is no longer meaningful, yet still demonstrates a Bug so it can be used to Reproduce the Bug.
then, provide a means to attach that Vault to a bug report submission.

or, provide a scheme whereby users can easily create a "Demo" vault containing no sensitive data, which can then ALONE be sent in.

obviously your Support People aren't able to fix a bug that is not reproducible, yet they need the peculiar data that reveals/triggers the bug. I see Support Staff write "sorry, I can't reproduce this" and suspect it's because their Test Data lacks the peculiar data that triggers the bug.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:feature request

Comments

• Hi @jaime_g

Building such a feature in a way that would not reveal any customer data would be a hugely significant undertaking, whereas the number of issues encountered that are specific to a particular dataset are extremely minimal… In fact I can’t even remember the last one that I encountered. In cases where the data is important it is much safer for us to create test data on our own devices, if necessary, rather than having customers email us what is “hopefully“ sanitized data.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.