Search not returning results in Category view

Options
cheho
cheho
Community Member

Reproduction Steps:
1. Go to the Categories tab on the bottom toolbar
2. Search for an existing entry (e.g. a login)
3. Result: No items returned.
4. Go back to Categories tab and tap into a category (e.g. Logins)
5. Search for an existing entry
6. Result: Items returned properly

1Password Version: 7.0.3 (70003000)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2 (15C114)
Sync Type: 1Password Families
Referrer: forum-search:search not working

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cheho: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to say that I'm not able to reproduce what you're describing, and haven't seen reports of anyone else having a problem like this either. You're saying that if you search for a login item from Categories you can't find it, but if you go into Logins you can? I'm getting the same results in each (barring items of other types not being shown under Logins). This is pretty much how I use 1Password every day. Can you give me a concrete example? Are you maybe trying to search for something other than the title, but you have "Search Titles" selected? Let me know!

• bezanson
    bezanson
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve been having multiple search issues over the last few weeks in 1Password.

Today

• searched for Roku and was properly shown 2 entries for the Roku main site and their forums. I clicked on the main site and was shown the details for a software license for “A Better Finder Attributes”.
    • I clicked on the tab to search all details instead of title and the same two entries showed, but this time clicking on the main Roku entry to me to the proper item.
    • Now I want to search for something else. Go back to Categories and erase “Roku” and it doesn’t change the search results. It actually keeps Roku displayed as the search string when I come back to 1Password.

I believe my current workaround is to kill the app from the list of active applications.

Is there a need to force rebuild a search index? I saw this with iOS 11.2 betas and now 11.3 betas.

I have screen shots I can post somewhere.

• Ben
    Options

@bezanson

Thanks for taking the time to write about these difficulties. Are you able to reproduce the problem consistently using the steps that you provided? I.e. does it happen every time?

Please let us know.

Ben

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting a similar issue - but with the "Organize" view.

• In the Categories view, regardless whether I'm at the top level or inside a category, searches return results as expected
    • In the Organize view, all searches return no results

I would expect searches in the Organize view to find items that use tags and/or reside within the folders shown in that view (which includes all items in practice). If not, what is the point of the search box?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @semblance,

I’m not seeing that issue here on my devices. When I search from the organize view it behaves the same way it does as when I search from the category view. Are you using a 1Password.com membership, or a standalone vault (no subscription membership)?

Please let me know.

Ben

• jaime_g
    jaime_g
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

similar problem just started (or just noticed) in IOS v 7.0.5, February 6, 2018. This used to work- a REGRESSION

1. at the Categories page (not within a particular category)
    2. enter a search term into the search field.
    3. the resulting Search Results appear as a series of boxes - touching SOME of them does nothing. For those, it seems that touching a Search Result box which has the search in it works, but touching others (i.e. "partial-match search results") does nothing. The box turns gray as if the Touch gesture is being treated as a Selection, rather than as a Navigation gesture. Touching other boxes moves the gray Selection around.

This makes Search across Categories INOPERABLE/USELESS

I saw similar UI bug where I had to touch just above the Search Result Box.
    note: in my vault, given the search term I entered, I got about one Result per Alphabetic Grouping. I think the UI to group Results into Alphabetic sections might be messing up the touch-coordinate math which determines what the touch gesture acts upon.

Further bugs:
    in this state, changing the Search Term now yields an erroneous "Sorry No Results" box above the usual, correct, list of Search Results. Or, I see Search Results leftover from prior executed searches in addition to the current search (the search State is not getting reset between searches).
    Also, when in this state, changing the Search Term to something else does not reload the Search Results; the same Results remain showing. WOW Clearly, the Code is really in a confused state; major bugs.

to reproduce, you'll need a large, rich Vault with a wide variety of Entries in it-- many with multiple words in the titles (upon which to search).

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben - regarding my issue (with the Organize view) - this is with the standalone version.

• chrisrosa
    chrisrosa
    Community Member
    Options

I too am having issues while searching. See below. No match for "Netflix", but if I tap the "Netatmo" result, it will take me to the "Netflix" card. It's like the search index is goofed up.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2018
    Options

Thanks folks. Our developers are aware of the issue and are looking into it.

Ben

ref: OPI-4388

This discussion has been closed.