Is there a way to get an expired trial 1password Android to change vault formats?

Options
pmhparis
pmhparis
Community Member

I own a license for 1Password Mac which is my main use of 1Password. However I've found it handy to use the 1password versions on other environments: (Windows, iOS & Android) from time to time - but not to update, just to copy from so I never saw a need to purchase these versions.

I recently had a problem where 1password wasn't syncing between 2 of my macs & tracked it down to one using a .agilekey vault and the other using the newer .opvault format. I solved it by moving all my 1password versions to the newer .opvault vault nd resyncing as the 1password help advised.

No problems with the iOS or Windows 1Password but 1password Android has timed out & apparently this makes it impossible to change vault format.

Is there a way to get an expired trial 1password Android to change vault formats?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @pmhparis. Thanks for getting in touch with us. :)

1Password for Android allows you to select your data folder from any path, but once you have selected the path, it does not allow you to change it without resetting the application. So if your 1Password data folder changes to a different location after setting up 1Password for Android, you will need to reset all of 1Password's settings to set the new data location. This is the only way to set the new path at the moment.

In order to start over on Android to sync with the new OPVault vault, go to your device settings and tap Apps > 1Password > Storage > Clear Data. This will reset all 1Password for Android data so you can set up Dropbox sync again. Let us know how it goes!

• pmhparis
    pmhparis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri,

Clearing data did indeed get 1Password/Android to stop using the removed .agilekey vault so that I could indicate that it should use Dropbox again & discover the .opvault vault.

Thanks for your answer which is precisely what I was looking/hoping for.

• I'm very glad to hear that, @pmhparis. And you're welcome. Please let us know if you ever need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.