My android is not letting me log in. It only shows account info. How do I automatically log in?

jaydavid
jaydavid
Community Member

I can see all my accounts on my android. They are the same accounts as what's on my laptop. But when I click on an account on my android, it only shows me the saved info. It won't allow me to automatically log into my online accounts, which I CAN do on my laptop. How do I get it to log into an online account so that the pw is filled in and I can start using it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My android is not letting me log in. It only shows account info. How do I automatically log in?

Comments

• Hi @jaydavid. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your support of 1Password. :)

Due to the limitations of mobile browsers, the 1Password browser extension won't work on mobile platforms like it does on desktop platforms. Instead, we have a different way into filling into apps and browsers on Android. You'll just need to enable 1Password's filling service in Settings > Filling, and then you can tap 'Autofill with 1Password' in order to fill into a given site or app. You can find some detailed steps here:
    https://support.1password.com/android-filling/

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have more questions.

• jaydavid
    jaydavid
    Community Member

Thanks but your instructions did not solve the problem because the app says it requires Android version 8 or higher. I don't have this on my phone apparently.

• Thanks for getting back to me, @jaydavid. Just to clarify, you can indeed follow the steps in that guide. There are two options and only one of them requires Android 8.0. The other works with 4.0 and up. Please give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.