Bug: selected item does not show item details on first unlock [Confirmed]

kop48
kop48
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

If you unlock 1Password, the item that's selected in the list does not show any of its details. You need to change the focus to another item, then back to the first one for the details to show up in the right hand pane.

1Password Version: 7.0.511
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 17083
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2018

Hi @kop48,

Thanks for reporting this.

Update: I was able to reproduce it but it looks like it just takes a bit more time to render.

If you do the unlock, select an item and wait a minute, doe it eventually show up? I'm trying to narrow it down to a specific cause.

Also, 1Password doesn't select anything for me when unlocking for the first time.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Figured it out:
    1. Launch 1Password for the first time
    2. Unlock
    3. Close 1Password
    4. Re-launch 1Password
    5. Unlock

Expected:
    Item that is selected shows details

Actual:
    Item that is selected briefly shows details, then the 1Password logo is rendered over the top

• MikeT
    edited February 2018

Hi @kop48,

Thanks, I was able to reproduce it that way, I also do not need to unlock the app, it happens if you select an item, close the window and relaunch it.

It appears to be an unneeded refresh that resets the view to empty. We'll get that fixed in a future update.

ref: OPW6-1852

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Glad to hear that you figured it out!

• Not without you! Thanks again.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

This is still reproing on the latest Beta build - just in case it was supposed to be fixed. :)

• Hi @kop48,

It's not fixed yet, it'll be mentioned in the changelog when it is fixed (OPW-1852).

This discussion has been closed.