Box.com Syncing

Options
kibtech
kibtech
Community Member
edited February 2018 in iOS

I read 'old" forums regarding box support so I figured I would reintroduce this subject to see if anything had changed. Box.com supports enterprise level security vs dropbox and would definitely have box as a preference over dropbox. I currently use iCloud sync and since getting rid of my macbook and switching to windows, I have been forced to view my pw's on my iphone and manually enter them on my pc. Would LOVE the ability to sync with box as it is extremely more secure than dropbox. With an app like 1password, security is of course the primary objective :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync with box

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kibtech,

I understand your concern about storing your data with the most secure solution available. In reality the difference between Dropbox and Box in that regard, for 1Password data, would be minimal — if any. 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, with the only endpoints being devices that you enter your Master Password on. As such even if someone were able to grab your keychain our of Dropbox they would not be able to decrypt it.

That said, especially if you are looking at using 1Password for your business, I’d highly recommend taking a look at 1Password.com membership. Membership provides the best experience, and for teams that need it we offer granular permissions control — something that isn’t possible with 3rd party sync solutions. If you think that is something you’d be interested in please let me know and I’ll have someone from my team who specializes in that area reach out to you.

Even if you’re shopping for a solution as an individual customer 1Password.com offers the best solution. You can read more about our security design here:

About the 1Password security model

If you’re interested in the technical details, or want even more information, we have an in-depth white paper available:

1Password Security Design White Paper

We don’t have any plans to implement further sync solutions in 1Password. Each offering adds a huge layer of complexity to the system, and we truly feel the best option is one custom tailored to handle 1Password data, which is what 1Password.com membership gives us.

I hope that helps.

Ben

• kibtech
    kibtech
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben, for the info. Much appreciated.

• Ben
    Options

You’re most welcome, @kibtech. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.