To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

'Unable to sign in' on a new PC.

Options
WilliamR
WilliamR
Community Member

Trying to set up a new PC. Have synced dropbox and installed 1Password6. But cannot login to 1Password (families) on app, Edge or Chrome. I can login using the same info on my old PC.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10.0.16299
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:unable to sign in

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @WilliamR! Can you tell us what specific version of 1Password for Windows you're using on your old PC?

• WilliamR
    WilliamR
    Community Member
    Options

Version shows as 6.8.496

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WilliamR - Thanks. So then I'm not sure why you're mentioning Dropbox? If you have a 1password.com account, it syncs via 1password.com servers, not Dropbox. If you were using 1Password 4 for Windows and local data synced via Dropbox, that would certainly explain the problem -- but if you're using 1Password 6 for Windows on both, with a 1password.com account, then we need to continue.

On your older PC, please go to Accounts > (your account) > Set up other devices This should pop up your Setup Code for your account, which you can scan using your new PC (or just grab a screenshot and bring that to the new PC). Try using this Setup Code instead of manually entering your 1password.com account sign-in details on the new PC. Let us know how that goes!

• WilliamR
    WilliamR
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, had to step away for a while. I've now done that but the same result.

• Ben
    Options

And what result is that? What error message are you getting?

Ben

• WilliamR
    WilliamR
    Community Member
    Options

Unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection.

• WilliamR
    WilliamR
    Community Member
    Options

Now working. Something to do with having a 1Password 4 client installed under a different Windows user (both me). Not sure how I managed to get 1Password 4 on here at all.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WilliamR -- that'll do it, every time. :) Glad you were able to figure it out; let us know if you have any further issues, and have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.