Safari Version 11.0.2 (13604.4.7.1.6)

bradybarrows
bradybarrows
Community Member

I am using 1Password Version 6.8.6 (686004) with Safari Version 11.0.2 (13604.4.7.1.6) with the 1Password Extension 4.6.12. Before upgrading to High Sierra macOS Version 10.13.2 (17C205) 1Password extension worked fine in Safari.

The 1Password extension works fine with Chrome and Firefox. However in Safari, when I click on the 1Password browser extension that is to the left of the url field box it doesn't respond (see screenshot below):

If I double or triple click the 1Password extension to the left of the url field box it opens a new tab and gives me the screen shot below:

I then click on ALLOW and it then puts a little popup window that points to the 1Password mini app near the top right Menu bar (see screenshot below):

(second icon to the right of the Google Hangouts icon) which is marked with a red arrow and the pop up message below:

1Password mini started
To use 1Password in Safari this mini app needs to stay running in your Menu bar

and a button on the bottom that says USE IN SAFARI which I click on and it does not do anything. The 1Password mini app in the Menu bar works but I have to SEARCH for the Amazon page since it doesn't know what page I am browsing. The 1Password icon to the left of the url field box still doesn't respond to anything, unless I click numerous times and the same process described above repeats.

I have un-installed the 1Password Extension 4.6.12 twice and re-installed it. I have made sure I have the most up to date 1Password and Safari, as well as the most up to date 1Password Extension 4.6.12. Any thoughts on why the Safari extension isn't working?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bradybarrows - sorry for the trouble just now with 1Password's Safari extension. I did notice that you're not using the latest Safari; would you please delete your 1Password extension from Safari, restart your Mac, then after restart, update Safari to version 11.0.3 and visit our extensions page and install a fresh copy of our 1Password extension. Let us know how this goes for you; if it doesn't work, we'll need to take a closer look at the specifics of your setup. Good luck!

• bradybarrows
    bradybarrows
    Community Member

Lars,
    Followed your directions, removed the extension, restarted my Mac, and I have Safari Version 11.0.3 (13604.5.6), re-installed the extension 1Password-4.6.12.safariextz for the third time, and still have the same issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@bradybarrows - Well, it was worth a shot -- and now you have the latest version of Safari. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#WZK-46169-969]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @bradybarrows only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: WZK-46169-969

• bradybarrows
    bradybarrows
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

Done deal. You should have the report. You would think other Mac users with Safari would notice the same issue and have reported this. And to reiterate, 1Password extensions in Chrome and Firefox work fine. The issue is with Safari.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@bradybarrows - Hmmm, if you've sent a diagnostics report, it looks as if you didn't include the code I mentioned above in the subject line of your email, and you also appear to have sent from a different email address than the one you used to register here on this forum. We'll try to find it, but if you could re-send the report from this email address, and including that code in the Subject line of your email, it'll help speed things along. Thanks!

ref: XNE-24698-842

• bradybarrows
    bradybarrows
    Community Member

Lars, now the 1Password extension to the left of the url box in Safari is working! I have no idea why it is working now, but it does. Wish I knew what happened when it wouldn't work and how it seems to have fixed itself.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bradybarrows - I'm not sure either, but as long as things are working the way they should, I'd say let's call that a win -- at least for now. Let us know if you have any further questions or issues, and have a great week! :)

This discussion has been closed.