To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Chrome doesn't automatically activate the enter button.

Options
Bazzie
Bazzie
Community Member

Hi to all. I have just recently shifted my browser preference from Firefox to Chrome. I use 1Password for Windows version 6.8.496. I am satisfied with Chrome and find it far better than firefox which in my opinion was becoming slow & bloated. My problem starts when I try to login to a site using 1P and find that the user name & password load but it doesn't go any further. I have to manually click on the "enter" button. It then works OK. Is it possible that I require another add-on or perhaps check my file associations.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Bazzie! You should definitely use whatever browser best suits you, but have you tried the recent versions of Firefox (57+, called "Quantum")? If your goal was speed and you haven't downloaded anything version 57 or above, it's worth a second look. Just my personal opinion.

And yes, it sounds from your description as if you need to visit our extensions page in Chrome and get the 1Password extension installed. Once you do that, you should be set to go, but let us know if you have any problems.

• mhyar
    mhyar
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Bazzie,

Are you trying to have 1Password automatically log you into the site once you select it from the extension? If you install the extension and click the 1Password icon in Chrome you should see a gear icon. Click that and select "Submit Logins" and it should do what you're looking for, if I understood your question correctly.

Just tested it out on Chrome (I have this feature off actually) and notice that I had to close and re-open Chrome after selecting "Submit Logins" for it to work properly.

• Bazzie
    Bazzie
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks to both of you for your assistance. I have however had the 1Password extension (Chrome) installed since I switched over to Chrome. I have had a tick alongside "Submit Logons" all the time as well. As far as Firefox is concerned, my current version is 58.0.2. Is there an entirely different version of Firefox that I am unaware of?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bazzie - No, that's the current version. I'm not trying to promote Firefox, just thought the new one (57 and later) was fast enough it was worth a second look. If you still find it too slow or otherwise unsuitable, that's fine. Your choice, and I'm not worried either way. I'd like you to try deleting your 1Password extension in Chrome, then restarting Chrome itself and downloading a fresh copy. Let us know if that has any effect.

This discussion has been closed.