Multiple OTPs per login

Options
mporcheron
mporcheron
Community Member

So, I have one Slack username/email address and password combination for all my Slack 'accounts' (i.e. workspaces), however I also use 2FA with each Slack workspace (as an aside, Slack should just unify accounts, but that's another problem).

Anyway, currently I have one entry in 1Password, with multiple website fields for each Slack workspace, and also have a corresponding 2FA token for each workspace. I've set the labels for each the website entry and token to correspond to each Slack workspace, so I don't have any trouble identifying each one, however, it would be nice for the automatic copy of the OTP in 1Password to select the correct OTP (with matching label) instead of the first OTP in the entry.

Is this something that 1Password would consider implementing? I guess if not, the alternative is multiple entries (and passwords) for each Slack workspace, which feels like massive overkill.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: macOS
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @mporcheron! Thanks for the question. The situation you describe is an unusual one: most people don't have multiple TOTP entries for the same 1Password item, and as it sounds like you've discovered, there's no way to select which one you want to use if you've created more than one. For the present, the solution would indeed be creating different 1Password items for different Slack instances, or manually copying the TOTP field instead of relying on the auto-copied one. It's certainly something we can look at for the future, but given that this is the first time I've heard of someone bumping into this, I'm not sure how quickly - or even whether - we'd implement the additional code required to differentiate between TOTP fields in the case of multiples. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, however, and you never know! Keep an eye on the updates for changes and additions to 1Password, and if you have questions or suggestions in the future, definitely keep 'em coming. :)

ref: OPM-5702

This discussion has been closed.