Naver Whale : Browser connection refused.

Hello,

I'm using the Naver Whale browser. (which is Chromium-based)

The official homepage is https://whale.naver.com.

I want to use 1password in this browser, but the connection is refused.

I want to know if there is a solution.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 pro
Sync Type: 1password family

Comments

• dteare
    edited February 2018

Good question, @sylph2nd! I'm not sure of the answer to be honest as I've never heard of Naver Whale. Since it is Chromium-based there is a chance you can get 1Password X to work within it, but the desktop 1Password extension will not work there as 1Password is purposely very restrictive about which apps are allowed to connect to it. With 1Password X we do things much differently and so you may have more luck there.

You can see this 1Password X Setup post for the download link and setup instructions.

Please let us know how it turns out! It will depend on how much of the Web Extensions api Naver has implemented. Hopefully all of it! :)

• Shockice
    Shockice
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

If the app is in Google Chrome Store, it may work with Naver Whale... I've installed various extensions as well as "LastPass" directly from Google Chrome Store without any issue using Naver Whale.

Just search on Google "1password Chrome"... first result, then click "Add to Chrome". It should work fine with Naver Whale.

Although it's always best to check with the app publisher first to see if there is a specific version built for your browser. If not, try the Chrome version of the app. But since Naver Whale is relatively new, chances are there is not any specific version just for Whale.

• For 1Password X, I agree with you 100%. For the 1Password desktop extension, however, I would be surprised if it were able to connect to the 1Password app.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@dteare,

Presumably, the browser @Shocklice is refering to is by Naver the LINE App developer.

I have no experience with it and will stick with Chrome.

• I'm not sure I'm following you 100%, @wkleem. I looked up the LINE app and it seems to be by a different developer.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

This is what wikipedia says about LINE and Naver :
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_(software)

•The service is operated by Line Corporation, a Japanese subsidiary of the South Korean internet search giant Naver Corporation.•

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naver_(corporation)

"Whale Edit
    In October 2017, Naver officially released the PC version of Whale, its omni-tasking web browser supporting diverse features using AI technologies. Naver had been developing Whale for 5 years and had released a beta version in March.[16] Some functions include: omni-tasking (split-screen feature that lets users browse two sites in the same tab, with an adjustable divider), quick search (users can simply drag a word and the browser will directly provide corresponding search results through Naver’s search engine), and smart pop-up (the browser automatically prevents popups from cluttering the screen)."

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@sylph2nd: I just tested running 1Password X on Naver Whale browser version 1.0.39.16 and I can confirm everything works as @dteare suspected. This is going to be your best option as we are very restrictive about which apps are allowed to connect to our native applications.

@wkleem: I'm really not sure, but the OP posted a link to the browser in question. Thanks for your help! :)

• sylph2nd
    sylph2nd
    Community Member

@dteare @beyer:
    I mistook the 1password browser extension and 1password X for the same.
    I confirmed that 1password x works normally after installation.
    Thank you for your support.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@sylph2nd: You're very welcome!

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@beyer: OK then. Glad the issue has been resolved.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.