I currently have a single user license, but my wife wants to start using 1Password?

Options
ANDubin
ANDubin
Community Member

I currently have a single user license, but my wife wants to start using 1Password? I'm using Version. 6.8.6. How do update? Will she have a separate database for her sign-ins and password?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rickfillion
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi @ANDubin,

It's great that your wife wants to start using 1Password. The best way to accomplish this would be to use 1Password Families. With 1Password Families both you and your wife would have your own Personal vaults, but you would also have a Shared vault where you can place any items that need to be shared between the two of you. My wife and I make extensive use of that Shared vault for things like our Netflix password, as well as more important things like our Passport information.

1Password Families has an important feature as well: the ability to help another user recover from the situation where they forget their Master Password. Once both you and your wife are configured as Family Organizers, if either of you happens to forget your Master Password, the other user can help you recover and not lose any of your data. It's absolutely my favorite feature of 1Password Families.

You can learn more about 1Password Families on our website and we also have a document that lays out how you would move your data into a 1Password Families account.

I hope this helps.

Rick

ref: EMB-86492-914

• ANDubin
    ANDubin
    Community Member
    Options

Rick, Thank you so much for your response to my questions. Arnold

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ANDubin - on behalf of rickfillion, you're quite welcome. Welcome to 1Password Families!

This discussion has been closed.