Simple Control and 1Password problem

Options
kcrusher
kcrusher
Community Member

Hello!

I am having a problem with Simple Control (https://simplecontrol.com) v5 and 1Password. I just downloaded the latest version of Simple Control and was going to sign into it with my account. The first sign-in attempt I did NOT see the 1Password icon and simply did a copy/paste from the 1Password app. I happened to copy the wrong password and so I hit the 'back' button in the sign-in section when it posted an error. When I went back, I saw an icon which seemed to replace the right arrow (>) in the Simple Control sign-in that would 'submit' your credentials. I don't recall if it was the 1Password icon or not - i hit it and it showed the 'Activities' pop-up (except it didn't say Activities anywhere, only 2 rows, each one with a single box with 3 dots in it and 'More' below it). I tapped the first More box and it shows the 'Activities' window with no activities'. I hit 'done', then hit the 2nd 'More' button, it again showed the Activities window with '1Password' on the first line (no other activity options in the list) with the 'switch' disabled. I enabled it thinking that Simple Control now supports 1Password integration. Hit 'Done' and back to the login - where I can now fill in the login details, but it neither submits automatically, nor is there the right arrow as there was the first time I tried logging in.

I also see no easy method to remove or disabled the option for 1Password login - if I flip the switch off, the icon is still there, through multiple closing of the apps and even full power on/off of the iPhone 7.

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kcrusher - I'm not personally familiar with Simple Control, but it looks like a great tool, and I see they've added 1Password login functionality, so we definitely love them for that. :)

The process you're describing sounds like activating 1Password’s extension normally should. I just downloaded Simple Control and used the login page successfully with 1Password (dummy data, of course), so I know it works on my iPhone X with 1Password 7 for iOS. After you enabled 1Password in the extensions menu, you should be able to use it to sign into Simple Control, right within the app. After tapping on the 1Password icon and unlocking 1Password, it should fill your credentials automatically. We cannot submit your credentials due to restrictions in iOS, but you should be able to either tap the right arrow in Simple Control or hit the "Go" button on the keyboard. Mine looked like this:

If this isn't what you saw, can you post a screenshot of what your sign-in page looked like after 1Password filled your credentials?

This discussion has been closed.