Links sent in emails are not working for me

Kelkel
Kelkel
Community Member

I am new to 1Password. I started working with someone today who uses it and they have been sending me links via email to share log in information. These are appearing at the bottom of the email and say 'Tap the link to add (blank) to 1Password'.

The link is not active (I am unable to click on it) and copy and paste does nothing but give me a 'no results' page.

This seems easy enough, not sure what the issue could be?? Can someone enlighten me?

1Password Version: p
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Links sent in email not working

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@Kelkel: It sounds like you may be referring to onepassword:// links in email or messages using 1Password's insecure sharing feature (the user is warned of this when sending). These can only work if you have 1Password installed and have your system setup to allow it to handle those URLs (or, your email client may just be bad). So otherwise you'll have to simply copy the information from the message manually. Again, bearing in mind that if all of this is just being sent to you in plaintext it isn't secure or private. You may want to consider 1Password Teams since it has secure sharing that's also easy to use. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.