Feature request: Reveal password by holding the Alt / Option key

Feature request: Reveal password by holding the Alt / Option key just as the regular 1Password browser extension.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 1.5.1
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

Hey @Noffica,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and let us know that additional keyboard shortcuts would be beneficial to you. This is something that I've also wanted to see added since day one of using 1Password X. Although we are working on some pretty major feature additions at the moment, I hope we can get some additional keyboard shortcuts added sooner than later. It's a reasonable assumption that we will try and match the keyboard shortcuts we have 1Password.com web client, which includes "Reveal all passwords in the item details.

Thanks again and have a great weekend! 🤘

-Beyer

ref: b5x-252

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member

I came here from Google after installing 1Password X in Chrome on Windows, and I was surprised to find that Ctrl+Alt does not reveal the password on the Item page. Do we know the progress of this feature?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2019

Hey @Felipe Alvarez

As far as I'm aware the idea of doing this hasn't been scrapped, but it also hasn't bubbled up to the top of the priority list yet. I will prod development about this though and see if we can get something going. Hopefully it is something we'll be able to do in the future, but I couldn't make any promises.

Ben

ref: x/b5x#266

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member

It works when I just press Alt

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Felipe Alvarez – Thank you for pointing this out! Our keyboard shortcuts are acting a bit funky on Windows right now because we didn't map them out properly from macOS to Windows. It's on our radar, and I'm hoping to see a fix in the near future.

ref: x/b5x#1441

This discussion has been closed.