Bug: search returns no results until a category is chosen

kop48
kop48
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

If you try to search for something from the 'All items' category, it does not work until you switch to a a specific item category (and then you can switch back).

1Password Version: 7.0.519
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Build 17103
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kop48: I'm not able to reproduce this. Do you by any chance have another category selected initially which is not being properly reflected in the UI? If you have the habit of selecting a specific category before closing the app, you're probably running into a known issue where it is still selected when you reopen it (as intended) but this is not displayed properly. For example, if you select Secure Notes and then quit 1Password, when you open it again you'll note that only Secure Notes are displayed in the item list even though All Items is highlighted on the left. Let me know.

ref: OPW6-1737

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Ah that might be it - I tend to leave it on Favorites

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kop48: Gotcha. It does sound like that's the case, and we'll get that fixed up in an update. I do apologize for the confusion there. Definitely let us know if you encounter any other issues though. Thank you for participating in the alpha! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.