Open and fill not loading URL

When I click Open and Fill in either the app or mini, a new window in my browser opens but the website is not loaded. If I click on the name of a login in the search results in the mini, it works fine.

MacOS 10.13.3
Chrome 63.0.3239.132
1Password 6.8.6
1Password extension 4.6.12.90

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• amusas
    amusas
    Community Member

This thread suggests that the issue is with High Sierra. Restarting Chrome is the workaround until HS is updated.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @amusas,

I hadn't heard about that one and I can imagine it's a pain. Thank you for the link and hopefully it gets corrected soon.

That said, it should only be limited to clicking on the website field in 1Password. Weirdly if you click on a Login item entry, so not in the Item Detail bubble but from the menu, it uses a different pathway where we explicitly open a new tab and load the URL passed directly from 1Password to the extension. This is different from passing the URL to the operating system and letting the operating system handle it so I would hope it still works. Do you find this is the case or is it too affected?

• amusas
    amusas
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables, yes that was exactly my experience with this OS bug. Your explanation makes complete sense. Of course, other applications besides 1Password are affected by the bug.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I rather like High Sierra, but I too have experienced this and a number of other idiosyncrasies. Hopeful that they'll get smoothed out over time with future updates. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.