To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cancel account but keep stand alone app

Options
fschlomka
fschlomka
Community Member

I have been trying to cancel my online account and resume use of my stand alone app which I have used for many years. Your system has 'Frozen' it. Not good. I need it unfrozen ASAP.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• fschlomka
    fschlomka
    Community Member
    Options

There is NO 'cancel account' link on your website. :-\

• fschlomka
    fschlomka
    Community Member
    Options

VERY URGENT

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi @fschlomka

Replying to yourself before receiving a response from us bumps you to the end of the queue. Also please avoid contacting us via multiple channels (e.x. email and forums) unless you’re requested to do so as it causes a duplication of efforts which slows down the support process for everyone. We make every effort to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.

You can learn about transitioning your data from a membership to a standalone vault here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Once you’ve done so you’ll want to cancel your subscription, if you have one, but if your account is frozen you do not. If you have an active subscription and are subscribed through us directly you can find instructions here:

How to manage your 1Password subscription

If you have an active subscription but it is through Apple they have instructions here:

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

I hope that helps!

Ben

ref: MBE-37258-282

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

How did you install the Mac app? Did you install it from the Mac App Store or directly from agilebits.com? For the app to be licensed without being signed into a 1Password.com account you either need the In-App-purchase (when downloaded from MAS) or a license file (when downloaded directly from agilebits.com). Which kind of license to you have?

If you want to cancel your subscription, you can follow this guide: https://support.1password.com/manage-subscription/#cancel-your-subscription

Did you sign-out of your 1Password.com account in your Mac app? This should remove any 1Password.com-based vaults from your computer.

You can keep a 1Password.com account in a frozen state as long as you want. So there's no need for you to actually delete the account.
    If you stop paying for your 1Password.com account, it will be frozen, i.e. not deleted or anything. If you are 110% sure you don't need it anymore, you can delete it: https://support.1password.com/delete-account/ (this deletion is permanent, so be careful with that)

Edit: OK Ben was faster than me :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Manaburner - heh. No worries. You both had good information; thanks for the post! :)

• fschlomka
    fschlomka
    Community Member
    Options

OK. This worked. Thanks. However now my desktop 1Password is telling me that my 'trial' has expired. Since I bought the software before I had an account, why is there a 'trial'? What happened to the software i bought?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fschlomka - You will need to apply your 1Password license to remove that message. In case you no longer have your license information/file with you, I've resent it from our back-office license database. Click on the link marked "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License." Let us know if you have any problems. Oh, and if you don't receive the email, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder, as sometimes overzealous spam filters can mark unsolicited email from us as junk.

• fschlomka
    fschlomka
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Great. That worked. Thanks. Now I just have to figure out how to get the App on my Android Nexus 2 phone, to sync properly again, without having an account. How is this done?

• Ben
    Options

You could set up syncing via Dropbox:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

:)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

@fschlomka you should keep in mind however that you also need to buy the "Pro features" In-App purchase for the Android app if you haven't done so already. Otherwise you will only be able to use the app in read-only mode

• Ben
    Options

Correct; when not using a subscription the apps are all sold separately.

Ben

• fschlomka
    fschlomka
    Community Member
    Options

OK. I have re-set up dropbox the way i had it last year before I had the account. I also put dropbox back on my Android. So now I just need to know how to access my passwords on the Android 1Password App. It doesn't seem to wirk the way it worked last year.

• Ben
    Options

@fschlomka

Did you see the instructions for setting up Dropbox syncing on Android, here:

https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/?android#set-up-1password-to-sync-with-dropbox

Please let us know if you have any trouble with those instructions; we’d be happy to help. Thanks!

Ben

• fschlomka
    fschlomka
    Community Member
    Options

I give up. Y'all win. This is too cumbersome and time consuming. I cancelled the family account but now I have reluctantly re-opened it as a personal account. You may want to pass on a bit of wisdom to your tech people. As software becomes more sophisticated, it is simultaneously supposed to become more user friendly. You guys are failing on the second requirement. Have a nice day.

• Ben
    Options

That’s one of the main reasons we designed 1Password.com memberships. They’re a lot easier to use. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Ben

• rubysue
    rubysue
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options