My Mac hard drive had to be erased. Can I get password back from laptop or phone?

Options
reallyjusth
reallyjusth
Community Member

I have to have hard drive restored and didn't have passwords backed up. I do have it on MacBook, iPhone & I think iPad. Can I get passwords restored on my iMac from either of those? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud and network (??)
Referrer: forum-search:My Mac hard drive had to be erased. Can I get password back from laptop or phone?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @reallyjusth! Sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your 1Password data on a restored hard drive on your Mac. If you have the data on other devices, however, may I ask how you were syncing your data before the hard drive issue? Dropbox? iCloud? A 1password.com account?

• reallyjusth
    reallyjusth
    Community Member
    Options

I honestly don't know for sure how I was syncing the 1password data. I do have dropbox & iCloud. I have a 1password account as well.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@reallyjusth - If you have a 1password.com account, then you can just sign into your account within 1Password for Mac after you restore your hard drive. Visit our downloads page to download a fresh copy of 1Password for Mac, and at the welcome (new user) screen, sign into your 1password.com account. Let us know if you have any problems.

This discussion has been closed.