How to use only 1password.com vaults in Windows?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Remove Old Vault After Upgrading to my.1password.

Comments

• roar714
    roar714
    Community Member

OK, what about procs for deleting an old Primary vault (1Password 4) in Windows 10 to use only the Personal Vault in Family? ( BTW, did my forum search lead me to a Mac/iOS sub forum? If not, how come you don't include Windows with your procs above for Apple?)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@roar714 - I've moved your discussion into a separate thread in - you guessed it - the Windows forum; I hope that's OK. In answer to your question, 1Password for Windows is currently in a bit of a different state than 1Password for Mac. In 1Password for Mac, you can run either standalone (local) data or a 1password.com account or both. On Windows, 1Password 4 for Windows is required to use local (standalone) data (and can't use a 1password.com account), while 1Password 6 for Windows works ONLY with 1password.com accounts. This will be remedied in the upcoming 1Password 7 for Windows, but that's not for a while yet.

For the present, if you want to use only your 1password.com account on a Windows PC, then 1Password 6 for Windows is the version you want. You can get the latest version from our downloads page, and you can import an existing OPVault or Agile Keychain. Is that what you were looking for?

• roar714
    roar714
    Community Member

I’m engaged in an advisory exchange [#PXM-29768-819] with your colleague via email as to why I’m unable to log into my v6 online account. She indicated, based on the diagnostics I sent, that my inability to log into my cloud account from a public Windows PC may be due to my having v4 installed (also) on my own desktop system. The old “Primary Vault” needs to be deleted, apparently. But it’s unclear to me if this is addressed the same way in Win, Mac and iOS. I’ve separately sent diagnostics from both iOS and Win 10, but only the former’s contents were responded to so far. Probably should have come to this forum in the first place. Hope you (all) can help me get this issue resolved. What should I be doing, specifically, with my Apple and my Windows 1Password 6?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@roar714 Actually, discussing the specifics of your 1Password setup is something much better done in private than here on this public forum. We also prefer it if you don't address the same question to multiple points of contact here; it slows down our response time for everyone, including you, if we have to triangulate back and forth between multiple colleagues and multiple locations to make sure everyone is on the same page regarding your issue(s). Since you're being assisted by both Steve and Laura via email, let's keep the conversation going over there. Thanks!

ref: PXM-29768-819

This discussion has been closed.