Ever since I changed to family version, can't see how to add a new login and it never prompts me?

vanweelden
vanweelden
Community Member

Literally cannot see how to add a new login. very frustrating. WHat am I missing? my old, cheap, individual version was a no-brainer.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Ever since I changed to family version, can't see how to add a new login and it never prompts me?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2018

Hi @vanweelden,

Which platform are you using 1Password on? Do you have the 1Password application installed? In the case of Windows or Mac do you have the 1Password browser extension installed in the web browser that you’re using?

Ben

• vanweelden
    vanweelden
    Community Member

Yes . Mac. app installed and extension installed. Can't find anywhere to add a new website, username, and password. Been using the individual version for years and it has alwyas been very easy/obvious...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vanweelden: I'm a little bit confused by your description, because using a 1Password.com membership doesn't actually change how you create new items in the app (+ button — are you not seeing that?) or save logins in the web browser. In the latter case, are you able to save a login manually? Try this:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

This discussion has been closed.