Need Archive, Mobile App Categories and Feedback Options

Agile_Sunnyside
Agile_Sunnyside
Community Member

There seems to be no Feedback or feature request mechanism from 1Password or the website, so I'll put it here (there should be a 'feedback' and 'visit website' under the Help menu).

I've been using 1Password so long that I'm starting to have outdated entries that I really don't need anymore, but don't want to delete (because I've suddenly needed them on a legacy machine). My vault is now so large it's getting overwhelming. I need an Archive catagory that I can move items to that aren't searched generally unless in the Archive section to help clean out the main "All Items" section.

IT would also be nice to have a Mobile App Category. I have may apps that don't fit into the Logins or Software Licences section without modification. Fields such as: Name, User Name, eMail, Password, In App Purchases, website, notes. I just purchased an iOS that had all those things and had to fiddle with the Logins templete to make it work.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

There seems to be no Feedback or feature request mechanism from 1Password or the website, so I'll put it here (there should be a 'feedback' and 'visit website' under the Help menu).

@Agile_Sunnyside: Sure there is! You're using it right now! :)

I've been using 1Password so long that I'm starting to have outdated entries that I really don't need anymore, but don't want to delete (because I've suddenly needed them on a legacy machine). My vault is now so large it's getting overwhelming. I need an Archive catagory that I can move items to that aren't searched generally unless in the Archive section to help clean out the main "All Items" section.

We don't have plans for an archive category, but you can not only create an archive vault but also hide it from the All Vaults view so you only see them when you explicitly switch to it. :sunglasses:

IT would also be nice to have a Mobile App Category. I have may apps that don't fit into the Logins or Software Licences section without modification. Fields such as: Name, User Name, eMail, Password, In App Purchases, website, notes. I just purchased an iOS that had all those things and had to fiddle with the Logins templete to make it work.

We don't have plans to add a bunch of new categories, as everyone requests different ones, depending on their interests, what happens to be going on in their lives, etc. So what we are hoping to do is make it possible for users to create their own categories. I can't say for certain when that might happen, but it's something we very much want ourselves, so if we can find a good way of doing it we will.

That said, it really sounds like those you mentioned in your example should be logins, for two reasons:

1. Many "mobile apps" also have a website you might need/want to sign in to. Logins are the only way you'll be able to use 1Password for that.
    2. Specific to 1Password for iOS, you can use the iOS extension to fill into many apps themselves, when they support 1Password.

And, last but not least, you can customize any item to add fields as needed. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.