update failing

Options
timsquires
timsquires
Community Member

Hi, I have 1Password version 6.8. Whenever I try to update, the app downloads to my iMac, but when I click on the updater, I get taken back to the download area - nothing actually changes within the app.
Thanks for your help.
Tim

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:update

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@timsquires: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like Archive Utility or something else in macOS is hung up on your machine. Restarting should help. If not, you can always install the latest version directly from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• timsquires
    timsquires
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, thanks for your help and suggestions, but it still won't update, so it looks like I'm stuck with my version. Is there any way that I can turn off the update notifications so that I'm no longer bothered by them?
    Thanks again, Tim

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@timsquires: I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you're not able to install the new version even by downloading it directly?

• timsquires
    timsquires
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, thanks, it didn't work the first time, but I tried again and it seems fine now. I must have done something wrong. Thanks again :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Probably not you. It's happened to the best of us. Sometimes it's worth it to just go make a sandwich and come back in a bit. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.