1password addon for Firefox on Linux Mint

hello guys

I'm both a new 1password customer AND a new Linux user with Firefox installed onto Latest Linux Mint and with that install of firefox I also have your 1password addon which i cannot seem to use. The icon is up there next to the addressbar but is not clickable.

Do you have any ideas on what to do?

Latest version of everything.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@premier69 - Can I ask what specifically you downloaded, and from where? I'm asking because our usual Firefox extension works with the native 1Password app, but we do not currently have a native Linux app for 1Password. You'll need to download and install 1Password X instead. If that's not what you installed, please remove your 1Password extension in Firefox and download 1Password X from the link at the bottom of that blog post.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@premier69 - oh, and one other thing I forgot to mention? You'll need to switch to Chrome if you want to use 1Password on Linux (for now), as 1Password X is very new and we've only got a Chrome version of it at this point. Sorry for the omission. :)

• premier69
    premier69
    Community Member

@Lars
    Thank You! for taking the time to respond!

I got the https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions extension. Why do you not list it on mozilla's site?

I'll wait for your firefox solution, I like firefox :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

Thank You! for taking the time to respond! I got the https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions extension.

@premier69: On behalf of Lars, you're welcome! But to be clear, that won't work for you on Linux, as that is the desktop extension for 1Password for Mac and Windows. 1Password X in Chrome is the only extension that will work on Linux.

Why do you not list it on mozilla's site? I'll wait for your firefox solution, I like firefox :)

Good question! It's actually come up here recently as well. There are a lot of boring historical and technical reasons, but suffice to say we'd like to have it listed there in the future if we can...and in the mean time the extensions are always available from 1Password itself — either within the native apps or from the web interface. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.