1Password browser plugin prevents from logging in on specific site

Options
andreslotta
andreslotta
Community Member

Hey guys,

I'm a long time 1Password user and very happy with the product. On my MacBook Pro as well as on my iPhone. I got one very annoying problem on my MacBook though:

There is a specific website I use at work (jico.telefonica.de) where I have to type in my username and password manually since a biometric check is made and login via 1Password does not work. The big problem is that also the manual login does not work. I always get something like "Username and Password are correct but the biometric pattern does not match. Please be sure to enter Username and Password manually.". As soon as I deactivate the 1Password plugin, the manual login works as expected.

I use Safari although the problem does not seem to be browser specific. Adding jico.telefonica.de as an exception domain in the 1Password settings also has no effect.

Do you have any idea what I can do to work around that problem?

Thanks in advance
André

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andreslotta - wait, are you saying that you're typing in your username/password combination manually into this site and still getting an error message? I'm not sure that's something we can fix. If you are not invoking 1Password on a given page, then we should have no interaction with the site. 1Password does "touch" the input fields to determine whether it's something we should offer to save, and I can only imagine this might be what's causing the site to error out like that, but it's pure conjecture at this point, and I'm unaware of any previous issue of this sort. Please confirm what I'm understanding is what you're saying.

If it is, it may be difficult for us to accurately troubleshoot this one, since none of us here have an account at that site, and my own brief testing indicates a visitor to that site is not even offered the biometric portion until successful filling of the username/password. As a workaround for now -- and I realize this is far from ideal -- I would suggest either a dedicated Chrome profile (if you use Chrome) or a dedicated browser that you don't have the 1Password extension installed into, so you can access this site.

• andreslotta
    andreslotta
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Lars,

thanks for the quick response! You understood correctly.

[...] and my own brief testing indicates a visitor to that site is not even offered the biometric portion until successful filling of the username/password.

Well... the filling of username and password itself contains some kind of biometric check. I guess it checks things like your typing speed and stuff...

I will try and contact the site administrator. Maybe they can make some changes to not exclude users with password software / plugins. Thanks for the suggestions. Although it's annoying for now I will disable the plugin to make the login work. :)

Kind regards
    André

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andreslotta - thanks for the confirmation, and I hope the site owner treats you well. We're sometimes amazed at some of the things site owners do on their login pages, supposedly in the name of "security." Let us know what kind of response you get!

This discussion has been closed.