v6.8.7 "hidden gems" considered harmful to my peace of mind

Options
beijau
beijau
Community Member

Please, Agilebits. Just don't do this.

You are providing software that is meant to secure almost all of my password-protected information. The only "hidden" content in your software should be MY DATA.

I get that your corporate culture is enamored with whimsically worded release notes. Maybe you didn't think this one through. But you are not, say, a platform provider or a video game publisher for whom jamming deactivated code into a release makes for good marketing on release day.

Since I cannot see your source (and wouldn't likely understand it if I could), I trust you to be honest and open with me about what your software is and does. This violates that trust.

I declined the update to 6.8.7. If marketing is more important to you than assuring my peace of mind, please be up front about that, too, and let me choose my password security provider accordingly. Otherwise, be transparent about what features your software has installed on my devices.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Good morning, @beijau. Thanks so much for the feedback. First off, let me put your mind at ease that there is nothing malevolent hiding in 1Password for Mac. We are planning on a new feature roll out for our 1Password.com customers that required some updates in 1Password for Mac. These features are not enabled right now but will be once they are available on 1Password.com.

This discussion has been closed.