Dropbox blacklisted in my company.

Hi all
I am using 1Password on a daily basis across my devices. Until now I have used Dropbox in order to sync the keychains.
Well now I have to remove dropbox from my business laptop as the app is blacklisted by the IT department.

My business laptop runs on windows 10 and I am using 1Password 4.6.2.626 on it.
The rest of my devises run on OS X or iOS.

Any recommendations how to proceed from here?

thanks in advance and best regards
Suat

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @suattab: First off, we went ahead and changed your username so it doesn't use your e-mail address. Since this is a public forum and your username is displayed, that's a surefire path to spam and we wouldn't want your inbox to get flooded. I hope you don't mind. :chuffed:

As for avoiding Dropbox, your best bet would be to switch to a 1Password membership. With a 1Password membership, your data syncs via our secure servers rather than Dropbox. So long as you're able to connect to 1Password.com on your work laptop, everything will sync between your devices automatically, no third-party app is required. Plus, you get to enjoy all of the other benefits a 1Password membership has to offer, like free upgrades to 1Password 7 when it's ready. :+1:

Otherwise, the only sync method that will work across all of your devices would be WLAN sync, which is much more manual than Dropbox. You would need to actively choose to sync your vault between devices periodically, potentially requiring multiple syncs for each device to make sure they each get changes from the others. It's not too bad for just two devices, but gets increasingly complicated as you add more and can get time-consuming fairly quickly.

No matter your choice, if you need any help re-configuring things, let us know. Happy to lend a hand. :chuffed:

• suattab
    suattab
    Community Member

Many thanks for your help bundtkate. I just switched to a 1Password membership.
    Keep up the good work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for the kind words! On behalf of Kate, you're most welcome. And we're here if you have any questions at all. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.