Feature Request: Add Credit Cards with Mobile Device Camera

Options
mattical69
mattical69
Community Member

Feature Request: Add Credit Cards with Mobile Device Camera
Platform: All Mobile Device OS
Description: Use the camera of the mobile device to scan the information on the front and back of a credit card to add automatically into a new entry. Use the primary identity as the matching identity to auto-fill the address and billing information for the card holder. Mark the expiration date field as a reminder or alert flag to indicate when a card is coming due or expired.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mattical69: Drives me nuts that the "in" thing is now to put account details on the back and not emboss them (which breaks "scanning" like this is apps), but I do hope we can add something like this and perhaps even reminders in a future version. Thanks for letting us know you'd like us to add these features too! :)

• mattical69
    mattical69
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Thanks, @Brenty. As a fellow PM I know it's hard to get to all FR's. It would be great if consideration of even scanning the standard embossed card number, date, and bank logo would be made for those who still carry many cards like this in the USA and internationally. At least then you could assist for formats that are readable. Thanks again! -M@

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep! We're in complete agreement. Hopefully we'll be able to add this. :)

This discussion has been closed.