Choosing to Display Credit Card Info vs Logins [1Password only displays logins matching current URL]

Wildcat_1
Wildcat_1
Community Member
edited February 2018 in iOS

Long time user and this app issue has been bugging me for a while and exists in both beta and release versions so I wanted to try and get the issue down on paper (well screen anyway ;)) and see if there was a workaround.

Specifically the issue is that certain sites (think logins for TV services etc) are often mis-identified in 1PSW as requiring credit card info. In other words go to something like Comcast/ DirecTV etc and on the authentication pages for login (either direct or through a 3rd party, say a TV site that requires authentication through a provider) and when you bring up 1PSW it presents your credit card options rather than logins.

Although this is frustrating it wouldn't be a huge problem IF you could then elect logins but I can find no way (hence the looking for workaround) to have 1PSW switch me to logins. Instead I have to go back into the app separately (not using the share icon on the Safari web page or 1PSW plugin) and copy and past the login. Not a great workflow of course.

Maybe this has already been discussed before in which case please do point me to a thread or info and I would be very appreciative.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11 or macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@Wildcat_1: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion there! This isn't 1Password misidentifying the purpose of the site you're on; it doesn't try to do anything like that in the first place. Rather, this is 1Password correctly identifying that you have no logins saved matching the URL you're visiting (hence you'll only see Credit Cards and Identities, which are not site-specific) and therefore not offering to fill any logins there to prevent you falling prey to a phishing attack. For that reason, this isn't something we're going to change, so you have two options:

• If you want to associate a login with a different website than the one you saved it for, you can add its URL to that login item.
    • If you want to use login credentials for one site on another just once, you can use 1Password 7's Quick Copy feature to speed things up when switching to and from 1Password. For example, when you copy the username, after switching back to 1Password a second time, the password will automatically be copied to the clipboard (you'll see a message indicating this).

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.