Secure Note not saving all of note

Options
jbtambien
jbtambien
Community Member

I have had separate events where 1Password has lost my data entered in a Secure Note.

Today, I edited an existing Secure Note on my iPhone, adding several paragraphs at the top of the note (not at the end of the note). When I completed the note, only about 1/4 of the new content was saved into the note. The rest of the new content had disappeared. The original content at the bottom of the note was fine.
iPhone SE using iOS 11.1.1
1Password iOS version 7.0.4

A few months ago, I was in the process of creating a brand new note which was quite lengthy. I left the app before saving the note, and when I returned to the 1Password app, all my typing was gone.

Very frustrating!

iPhone SE - not sure which iOS version at that time.
1Password iOS version - not sure which version at that time.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 7.0.4
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:losing data

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jbtambien: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. That definitely sounds scary. Since you mentioned using WLAN Server, have you tried viewing the item on your computer? Earlier I was looking at an issue with certain characters not displaying on iOS, thought they display on other platforms. I wonder if your data is there just unreadable on iOS. DO you know if there are special characters you're using that might be triggering something like that? We'll get to the bottom of this.

• xdriver
    xdriver
    Community Member
    Options

I have had the same issue. I edited a long note on iOS last weekend and all my edits disappeared. It is the second time it happens to me. To protect my data, I do not plan to use the notes anymore, until a fix is released.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@xdriver: Did you perhaps switch to another app without saving first? I know I've done that myself and regretted losing changes after forgetting to return to it and do so. To be clear, I'm not saying you or I should be okay with that. We have some ideas how to improve it since we don't want anyone losing something important no matter the situation. 1Password's model has historically been to save only when the user confirms it, since that is essentially destructive with local vaults; but with 1Password.com's item history it's more feasible to just automatically save things, since possible to revert to an earlier version in that case. We have already made some changes in this vein in recent updates, and the the current beta has more as well, so hopefully it will be available to everyone before too long. Thanks for your feedback on this. :blush:

ref: OPI-4344

This discussion has been closed.