What is the best way to store photos of receipts.

greg_tarrant
greg_tarrant
Community Member

I want to save copies of receipts of things I buy as a record for warranty.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What is the best way to store photos of receipts.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@greg_tarrant: Honestly, while I know some people swear by them, I am not a big fan of saving photos of this stuff, either in 1Password or anywhere else. To be clear, there are some great apps out there expressly for this purpose, but I think the best of them use OCR since that makes the data searchable. If I were to use 1Password for this purpose (I do so some extent, read on), I would:

• Save the text of receipts as Secure Notes, or in the Notes section of relevant items (e.g. Apple ID login item with AppleCare+ and/or major purchase details) — this I actually do for some things.
    • Create a separate vault for this stuff, especially if adding actual images of receipts.

I think it's worth noting that for many major purchases these days you'll have a digital record, either in your email or a receipt/invoice that can be accessed through the company's website. For example, though I like to keep warranty info in 1Password for important stuff, the actual receipts for those purchases are generally available online — Apple.com, for instance.

If you're doing this extensively, 1Password probably isn't the right tool for the job. But if you're only keeping receipts for some stuff, using text, images, saved webpages, and tags to organize them all is pretty handy. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: FKY-78981-915

• greg_tarrant
    greg_tarrant
    Community Member

Thanks very much Brenty.
    I will buy an app.
    Grateful for your time in answering my question.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@greg_tarrant - on behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome! Glad he was able to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.