To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I seem to have 2 vaults. One is labeled "Personal" and the other is "Primary"

Options
Art Levit
Art Levit
Community Member

On my 1Password 6.8.6 for Mac, I seem to have 2 vaults. One is labeled "Personal" and the other is "Primary." I had thought in preferences, a user could select which of potentially multiple vaults he wanted as Primary. But when I log into my membership subscription, I am shown only one vault, "Personal." From within the app and on the web management page, I see that "Personal" has 968 items. But "Primary" --only seen from within the app--has 923. "All Vaults" shows 968.

I don't get it.

I would like to have only 1 vault on this Mac, although we have a family membership and my wife uses 1Password on her separate Mac and iPhone.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 686004
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:vaults

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

When did you get 1PW, and what subscription (if any) do you have?

I ask because at one point Agilebits sold a family licence (one-time purchase for several people) but now they have the stand-alone licence, and both individual and family subscriptions.

The Primary vault goes with the stand-alone licence, the Personal vault with individual membership (and there is a Private vault if you have a family subscription).

You can't actually get rid of these vaults, but you can - and should - get rid of all the data in one of the vaults. If you have a subscription, you can get rid of the data in the Primary vault (I am guessing that it has all been copied to the Personal vault). In the All Vaults tab of 1PW preferences you can choose which vaults you want to show, and also which vaults to save to. You probably want to save to Personal, and maybe only show Personal as well.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Art Levit

Sorry for the confusion. As danco mentioned the Primary vault would be a leftover from a time where you were using a standalone license (prior to the 1Password Families membership). If you are using a 1Password Families membership, and are sure you know the Master Password for your membership account (sign in at https://start.1password.com to test), you can actually delete the Primary vault. First I’d recommend making sure that all of the data in there has either already been copied to your Personal vault or is no longer needed. Once you’ve done that you can remove the Primary vault by selecting 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Uncheck Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts. When you do that 1Password will from then on unlock using your 1Password Families membership password.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• rjltj55
    rjltj55
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

So, I'm in a similar situation, except I don't have the Families membership. I have a personal one. How would i go about deleting the old standalone vault and keeping the new membership one only? Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rjltj55,

The instructions are the same as above. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.