Master password & secret key doesn't work anymore... ?!

jrstange
jrstange
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Business and Teams

Hi!

I'm trying to log in and add more members to our team ([removed by AgileBits staff]), but only get "Cannot sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect."
I use the info in my emergency kit PDF :/

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: OSX 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can not login

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jrstange: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Your account credentials don't ever expire, so unless you've changed them they will be the same. However, it's not uncommon to enter them incorrectly (even a small mistake will cause it not to work, and we won't tell you "Oh, you're close, you just need to..." for security reasons, because we don't actually know) or to enter the wrong ones. For example, if you've already signed into the website with a different account, that will be the one saved there, so you'd have to choose "Sign in to another account" to enter all of your credentials for this one. And, last but not least, if you're using a local vault in Dropbox in 1Password for Mac and trying to sign into your 1Password.com account with that vault's Master Password, that probably isn't going to work for you; you'll need to enter the Master Password for your account instead. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jrstange
    jrstange
    Community Member

Thanx - got in now! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.