How do I amend the field name in the 'master' category so its available for all future entries?

I'd like to change a heading in a category to represent what we know it as so that every entry in future is put in the correct place. At the moment each person is changing it during every individual entry.

Also is it possible to arrange vaults in a hierarchical structure, for example, I have a customer that has 2 sets of passwords so within the customer record one of our teams is allowed access to one of their vaults ( and not the other) and other members of another team have access to the other ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:amend master category

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

I'd like to change a heading in a category to represent what we know it as so that every entry in future is put in the correct place. At the moment each person is changing it during every individual entry.

@Nat_Benson: Can you tell me what you mean by "master" or "heading category"? This doesn't sound like something that's possible, but you may just be talking about something in terms I'm not familiar with. What's the example? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

Also is it possible to arrange vaults in a hierarchical structure, for example, I have a customer that has 2 sets of passwords so within the customer record one of our teams is allowed access to one of their vaults ( and not the other) and other members of another team have access to the other ?

No. Vaults are not hierarchical. You can't have one vault inside another vault, as each has its own set of encryption keys, which is what facilitates securely sharing a vault with one or more people without sharing it with everyone else on the team. You can share individual vaults with whomever you need to, without granting access to anyone else. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: JXK-21127-673

• Nat_Benson
    Nat_Benson
    Community Member

Category types listed. I'd like to amend the master of say 'login' so it always asks the user to enter say for example Date of birth as a heading

• AG_Alles
    AG_Alles
    1Password Alumni

@Nat_Benson Thanks for clarifying what you meant. :) You cannot change the template for our default categories. With 1Password Teams Pro there is a custom templates option that allows you to create custom item templates that appear in the categories list. This is available by enabling the beta options.

This discussion has been closed.