the stubborn and naughty extension...

Sigil
Sigil
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I would like the ability to decide where or if the 1Password button appears on my Safari Toolbar. Currently, it is locked to the left side of my toolbar. If I move it right, two or three restarts later it's back in the same spot on the left. If I remove the button and use the menu option, the button will still reappear in the exact same spot. I use two other plugins an it disrupts their locations. I've tested this repeatedly completely removing password from Safari (for weeks at a time.) The other two plugins stay where I place them. This issue does not exist when I use OmniWeb, FireFox, Flock, Fluid or iCab. So, I have disabled the Safari extension and use it on the aforementioned browsers only. I guess the silver lining to this is that I'm using Chrome more and have grown to love it. It splits time with OmniWeb.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Sorry, Sigil. This is actually a bug, so I've moved your thread from the feature requests forum. It's a mish-mash of conflicts with other plug-ins and we'll try to get it fixed soon.
  • ljun
    edited December 1969
    Gita: will the fix also include the ability to NOT have the icon in the toolbar? I prefer not to see it in the toolbar, and only access 1P via the menubar icon .....
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    ljun wrote:
    Gita: will the fix also include the ability to NOT have the icon in the toolbar?

I just tried this. I have the application menu and contextual menu enabled, and I removed the 1Password button from Safari's toolbar (version 5). This setting was retained through several browser restarts. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.