Extension Issue with Firefox Developer Edition v.59.0b1 [reported fixed with 59.0b4]

2»

Comments

• DaMaceMan
    DaMaceMan
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Heads up that the fix is likely to get pushed with tomorrow's update, 59.0b4: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1431477#c18

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DaMaceMan -- hey, hey! That's certainly good news for all the FF Developer Edition peeps. Glad to hear it, and I shall remember to check the tracker for updates when I get in tomorrow. Thanks for letting everyone know!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@timraymond said about 3 hours ago

I have FIXED the issue. All I had to do was launch the full desktop application with Firefox open.

If launching 1Password resolved the issue for you, then it is not the same issue as is present with the currently available builds of Firefox Developer Edition. I'm glad things are working for you, but if you have any other issues, please start a new thread so we can address the issue separately.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• trobotham
    trobotham
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Looks like they committed the fix, just need to wait for the release.

===

Fix the bundle ID for devedition by removing whitespaces

This should be in the 59.0b4 build tomorrow.

===

Ediit: looks like someone beat me to it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

This will certainly make a number of people happy :smile:

• hbilles
    hbilles
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Thanks for keeping us up to date guys! I've been using the standard Firefox release version in the meantime. After checking in on the Bugzilla thread mentioned above it looks like a fix should land sometime today (in v59.0b4). Cheers!

_Edit: Didn't check the second page of this thread. Oh well :p _

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hbilles -- yeah, that's the word. I haven't seen it yet, but I don't run the developer version of Firefox ordinarily anyway. Let us know if it works!

• sergiu
    sergiu
    Community Member

It is fixed in v59.04! For those who cannot wait to update it, here is the archive: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/devedition/releases/59.0b4/

• @sergiu: Glad to hear it! One of my teammates had just reported the same, but it's always awesome to hear it's working in the wild and not just for us. Thanks for sharing! :chuffed:

• joeykudish
    joeykudish
    Community Member

Happy to report 59.0b4 fixes the issue :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Good to hear! Glad Mozilla was able to get that fixed up. :)

• tacoloco
    tacoloco
    Community Member

Strange. This thread originally was about the FF Developer Edition, which is currently on 60.0b2 and it is working fine .. touch wood.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I've split their comment about stable Firefox away from this conversation and we'll troubleshoot it separately :smile:

This discussion has been closed.