Password filling on egnyte.com gives anomalous error

When you try to log in using 1Password without clicking into the interface into an Egnyte instance, Egnyte gives an anomalous error "You must enter a password".

I then assumed the error was anomalous but there was something wrong with my password.

Actually it looks like that error is produced by a front-end function that is looking for keystrokes in the password field rather than a password manager.

While this is egnyte's problem, it impacts me a 1Password users (and probably others). I will report as a bug to egnyte, but is there anything 1Password can do?

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: osx 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @timdiggins,

That particular site allows for a test period so I create an account and found that 1Password worked for me. There seem to be a couple of ways of logging into the site though so can you try the following for me please. Visit https://www.egnyte.com/login/ and save a new Login item using the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser. If you visit that page again do you find 1Password successfully fills all three fields and that you can log in?

• timdiggins
    timdiggins
    Community Member

Interesting. Firstly -- I've discovered that a different egnyte domain (i have access to two) worked fine with a saved password (I discovered this when reporting to egnyte).

I tried to use the manual instructions, but I ended up with an empty 1p item, but then, I tried just totally manually creating it (copy-pasting username and password from the old non-working one), and that one just worked.

Odd -- I guess there was something in the previously saved 1p item that was causing a problem for egnyte.
    Anyway from my perspective this is now solved.

thanks for your help @littlebobbytables

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! Indeed, 1Password uses a different strategy for login items created by hand in the app instead of saved in the browser, so it's good to know that helped you in this case. We're here if you encounter anything else interesting. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.