search my folders by name

Options
meissner
meissner
Community Member

I like to search my folders by name. In the original-search-function it will be no result.
I have named my Folders by customer number. And I like to find them without select a long list …
Best regards - Burghard

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:search folders by name

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @meissner! Folders are actually not present in 1password.com accounts, but only in the 1Password for Mac application. We've generally switched to using Tags instead of folders as our organizational method, as they're more flexible and also cross-platform. Not quite sure what your use-case is, but that may be worth exploring for you as a way to keep your data organized to your satisfaction.

If not, you can also explore 1Password for Mac's Search Options function in the main app: click the magnifying glass icon to the left of the search bar at the top of the main 1Password window, and choose Show Search Options. This will give you much more fine-grained control over your search.

• meissner
    meissner
    Community Member
    Options

I use the labels for areas (e.g., sports, shopping, tools, etc.)
    and the folders for the customer structure with customer numbers (e.g., customer-1, customer-2, customer-3). The most important thing is the ability to nest folders together. This is not the case with labels.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@meissner - I agree there's pluses and minuses to both approaches, and thank you for voicing your wishes. I can't guarantee a lot of work will be getting done on folders in the foreseeable future, with more of our focus turning to 1password.com and the upcoming 1Password 7 changes taking up the bulk of our developer-cycles right now, but it's something I will bring up with the devs.

This discussion has been closed.