1Pass mini opens safari instead of firefox / chrome

Options
d3v1an
d3v1an
Community Member

Hi,

when I open 1Password mini in Firefox/Chrome and click on a saved website link ("open and fill") the extension opens the login-page in safari every time.
So is it possible to change that? Or is it a bug? :)

greetings from Germany!

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @d3v1an! The answer to your question is that 1Password respects the default browser settings of macOS. If that's currently set to Safari, that's the issue. You could fix this by changing your default browser from Safari to Firefox (within Firefox), but if you don't want to do that because you also use Chrome and still sometimes use Safari, then the next-best thing I can suggest would be the use of a 3rd-party utility that intercepts URL strings and offers you a choice of browsers.

Please note that this is not an official AgileBits recommendation, but I can say that I personally use Choosy for this. It works not only for 1Password, but anytime you're clicking on a http(s) link in any application that's not a browser (Word, 1Password, etc). That would allow you to choose which browser to launch Open and Fill links from 1Password in. Hope that helps!

• d3v1an
    d3v1an
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Wow! Thank you for your fast answer!
    Your recommendation is really awesome - I added a rule that I have to choose the browser just on 1Pass-Links but any other applications opens the normal browser. Thats great!
    Thank you very much!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@d3v1an - you're quite welcome -- glad I could be of assistance. :)

This discussion has been closed.