Need to access secret key, but when I go to 1Password>Preferences>Accounts doesn't work

Options
kathrynguidone
kathrynguidone
Community Member

I don't have an "Accounts" tab under 1Password>Preferences. I'm using 1Password 5.

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kathrynguidone

1Password 5 does not support 1Password accounts. Our 1Password membership service did not exist until after 1Password 6 for Mac was released. If 1Password 5 for Mac is the latest version of 1Password that you’ve been using then it is highly unlikely that you have an account (and thus you would not have a Secret Key).

Could you please elaborate on what you need a Secret Key for? That might help us better point you in the right direction.

Thanks.

Ben

• kathrynguidone
    kathrynguidone
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to install the chrome extension. I had it installed and it was working until 3 days ago, now it’s not and I had to reinstall it, but it’s asking for my secret key.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018
    Options

@kathrynguidone

It sounds like you may have installed 1Password X in Chrome, which requires a 1Password.com membership (subscription). If you’re using 1Password standalone (without a membership) you’ll want to download the standard Chrome extension instead:

1Password Browser Extensions

Also: if you’re running a modern version of macOS, you may want to upgrade to 1Password 6 for Mac. 1Password 6 was a free upgrade from 1Password 5.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.