SIGN-IN ADDRESS AND LOGIN PROBLEMS

I am attempting to install and access 1Password on a new computer. I don't know if I have a Sign-in address or what it is. I get a message that says my Secret Key is wrong but I have it recorded and also get the same key when a requested it be emailed to me.

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: 6.8.496
OS Version: Windows 10 64 bit
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:SIGN-IN ADDRESS AND LOGIN PROBLEMS

Comments

• @wainswo1: I'd bet you have a standalone license rather than a 1Password membership since you received a full key in response to your request and you mentioned syncing via Dropbox. With a 1Password membership, we can only send you the first several characters of your Secret Key because we actually don't know the whole thing – only you do. If I'm right, the key you're entering would start with 1PW or OPW.

If this sounds about right, you'll need either 1Password 4 for Windows or the 1Password 7 for Windows beta. 1Password 6 on Windows only works with a 1Password membership.  If you would like to continue using your local vault/license, please uninstall 1Password 6 and install the app you'd like to use moving forward from the links above. No need to worry about a sign-in address or a Secret Key. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.