Syncing Question

Options
Karld55
Karld55
Community Member

I just created a new web based account last night. I have been using your 1Password stand alone for well over 6 years now.

When I added a new “TEST” login on my previous stand alone version of 1Password it didn’t appear on the web based version.

Do I only add new logins from now on to the Website version and just abandon the old one.

So I’m guessing that similarly if I add a new login on the website it also won’t update or transfer over to the old stand alone application.

I’m somewhat hesitant to delete my old computer and IOS stand alone versions until I get a better handle on the new web application.

I appreciate your time and guidance.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hi @Karld55,

The general idea is to migrate your data onto 1Password.com. You can then view that data both from the website and from the native apps by logging into your 1Password.com account. Further information on how to accomplish this can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Since you already have created an account you can skip those steps.

I hope that helps!

Ben

ref: HTL-46548-922

• Karld55
    Karld55
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

I already moved the old data to the web based .com side. I’m just try to see if from this point on will any entry ever sync on both my old stand alone program and the new .com one.

The data transferred over perfectly.

Or should I just forget the old application and only use my website program.

Thanks,

Karl

• Ben
    Options

Karl,

Let’s take a step back because it sounds like you have an expectation that is not the case:

There is no difference in the software between the software used for standalone vaults and 1Password.com vaults. It is the same software. You just need to be logged into your 1Password.com account within the software in order to access information stored on 1Password.com there. Can you please check the vault switcher (top left of 1Password for Mac) and see if you have a Primary vault listed there? Do you also see your 1Password.com account and related vaults listed there?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.