1PasswordX + AdBlock causes Chrome for macOS to lock up when pasting text into an input field

Ever since the Chrome for macOS v65.0.3325.181 update, Chrome locks up whenever I copy and paste text into a form input field. I can reproduce this consistently when both the 1Password (v4.7.0.90) and AdBlock (v3.27.0) extensions are enabled (and the only extensions that are enabled). If I disable one of both of them, the problem does not occur. A co-worker who has the 1Password extension is also seeing the same issue quite frequently since the latest Chrome update although he does not have the AdBlock extension installed.

1Password Version: 6.8.8 (688002)
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

@robgabbard: Thanks for getting in touch about this! It sounds like you're not using 1Password X, but the desktop extension with 1Password for Mac. Is that correct?

Also worth noting that we don't recommend using other extensions in the same profile with 1Password — especially those which have permission to "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit":

Nevertheless, unfortunately I haven't seen other reports and am not able to reproduce this issue. Can you give me exact steps to reproduce — including a URL and field? Whether I use the keyboard shortcut or context menu to copy and paste, I'm not seeing anything "lock up". Do you perhaps have Chrome's autofill feature enabled? We've seen some bugs with that. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.