Having a difficult time porting old vaults to new family plan

alexauritt
alexauritt
Community Member

My family have been using 1password for nearly 4 years. We purchased a license years ago and are currently using version 6.8.8. I had been under the impression that we purchased through the App Store, but Preferences on the OSX desktop version of the app suggest I purchased this through the Agile Bits Store.

We also currently use 1password for andriod on a couple of mobile devices, and have previously purchased and used versions on a couple of iphones and a couple of ipads.

I am attempting to port multiple vaults to the online family plan, and having a very difficult time. I have been attempting to follow directions here:
https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

but I am unable to complete Step 7, as I see no way to 'Move Items' on the desktop version of OnePassword 6.

Please advise

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alexauritt: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! With multiple vaults, we don't want to make assumptions and have 1Password do the wrong thing. After all, we don't know who you want to share what with exactly. So the automatic migration works with a single Primary vault to move it to a Personal/Private vault in a 1Password.com account. As mentioned below that though, you can move data for other vaults yourself:

To move your data manually
    If you have more than one vault, 1Password won’t ask to move your data to your new account. Learn how to move your items manually.

You may want to create additional vaults in your account first, so you can name them the way you want and set the permissions the way you want:

Create and share vaults

As far as the details, that's up to you since it's your data and your family, but that should give you the tools you need to get things setup the way you want. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.