Hi all

The 'Apple \' shortcut doesn't appear to work in the following:

Safari
Version 11.0.3 (13604.5.6)

Mac High Sierra
10.13.3 (17D102)

Laptop
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

I'm on the trial version on my laptop, but the shortcut also doesn't work on the full version on my mac pro.

I've had trouble on the pc too - Windows 7. Safari

Cheers

Steve

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sherridge101: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information you've omitted from your post it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, browser, and device versions you're using on each device, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, you mentioned Safari on the PC, but Apple discontinued that many years ago. And eschpeially I'm curious about the Mac Pro as well, since you'll probably running an old OS (and therefore 1Password there). Hav you tried changing the shortcut in 1Password Preferences > General? Thanks in advance! :)

• sherridge101
    sherridge101
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty

I'm in work at the mo, so will post the details later.

Just testing in work (with the Trial) and the shortcut doesn't work here.
    The shortcut brings up the 1Password mini window in the browser, but does not fill in the login.

Mac Pro
    (Later 2013)

macOS Sierra
    Version 10.12.5 (16F73)

Safari
    Version 10.1.1 (12603.2.4)

1Password 6
    Verison 6.8.6 (686004)

I've tried a different shortcut, but no go.

Cheers

Steve

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sherridge101: Thanks. That's really weird. I'm not sure why you're not on Safari 11 (Apple released that for Sierra last year), but that shouldn't make a difference. Can you tell me which version of the 1Password extension you have installed in Safari there?

You said, "The shortcut brings up the 1Password mini window in the browser, but does not fill in the login." Do you maybe have multiple logins for the website? What's an example URL? Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance! :)

• sherridge101
    sherridge101
    Community Member
    Options

Can you please tell me where to find which extension I'm using?

Here's an example login site:
    https://www.foundry.com/user/login?destination=/user/logout

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sherridge101: In Safari, go to Preferences > Extensions. That will show you the extensions you have installed, and you can view their version information in their details.

Thanks for the URL! I'm definitely not having any trouble saving and filling a login there using 1Password. In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

But if you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#TGE-27734-276]

If you’re reading this and you are not sherridge101, this Support ID is for sherridge101 only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: TGE-27734-276

This discussion has been closed.