Auto-fill in Chrome becoming less and less usable

Options
mcamou
mcamou
Community Member

Every time I try to use 1Password to log in within Chrome in a it becomes more and more unusable. Every site I log in to is added to the list which grows and grows over time, with the "Search" button right at the bottom. If it's a site I've previously logged in to I have to scan through the list to find it, if it's new I have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

It was MUCH better previously where it would actually get the password(s) associated with the site you were visiting, but now it grows more useless every time I add a new site.

Can you please change it back, or at the VERY least put the "Search" at the top?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

@mcamou: To be clear, you can still use the 1Password Keyboard to fill, which is what you would have had to do before anyway. But we are hoping that Chrome gets proper autofill support before too long. Then it won't be necessary to authorize logins to be filled there like other apps, it will be able to match websites. Until then though, Chrome is just another app. :blush:

• mcamou
    mcamou
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Thank you for your reply @brenty. I understand. Would it be possible to at least move the Search option to the top?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mcamou: Hmm. Any particular reason you'd want it at the top? It's certainly something we can evaluate as we continue developing this feature. Though, hopefully Chrome will support autofill soon and then it won't matter, at least in this context.

• mcamou
    mcamou
    Community Member
    Options

At the moment I have ~20 entries in the list (which keeps growing). Having Search on top would alleviate this since you could just ignore the list and tap directly on Search (as well as for sites that aren't on the list yet).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mcamou: Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking of something else. Thanks for clarifying. :)

This discussion has been closed.